Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Can SFB users see video and content (both) shared by Realpresence Group 700?

Raghu-PSN
Frequent Visitor

Can SFB users see video and content (both) shared by Realpresence Group 700?

Dear Friends,

I have Polycom Realpresence Group 700.  

In a video call IP to IP  i am able to share video and content and at the far end they are able to see both, but in a video call with Skype for business (SFB)  i can share either video or content only, but not both. However when content is shared by SFB user from a laptop, i am able to see far end web cam and also his content.

Can you please let me know whether is it possible to share content and video at a time from endpoint, if not will this feature be available in near future software updates from polycom or SFB?

Just now i even did software upgrade to latest available version (5.1..... from 5.0...)

Thanking you.

Regards,

Raghu.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
steve from accounting
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can SFB users see video and content (both) shared by Realpresence Group 700?

Actually surprised you are able to share content from your group system to SfB. From the admin guide-

RealPresence Group systems can view content from Lync/Skype clients, but are not able to share content with Lync/Skype clients.

Was under impression you needed realconnect for sharing content from group system to lync/sfb

Message 2 of 3
Sumurai
Advisor

Re: Can SFB users see video and content (both) shared by Realpresence Group 700?

@Raghu ,

You said you were able to share the content . but the display was only content or people at one time.

can you confirm the content sharing is from the Group series ?

and how you connected the laptop to share the content ?

Sumurai Jack.
Message 3 of 3