Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We're putting together a new room and are proposing a GS310 paired with a Sony FWD-75X850E, with a native resolution of 3840x2160. I know the GS310's max output to the monitor is 1920x1080,

but for room only events, I want to use a 1:2 HDMI DA to feed the same 3840x2160 source to an independent input on the display to get the full resolution. Same source would also go through the GS310 to a separate input on the display...hopefully at downscaled 1920x1080. I'm worried that if the source is outputting 3840x2160 through a 1:2 DA, that the feed that goes to the GS310 will not be identified. I'm okay with it being down-converted to 1920x1080 for VC events, just don't want to expect the user to change source resolution depending on room mode.

All Kramer parts are 4k60 4:2:0 certified.

Trying to write out the wiring diagram: laptop@3840x2160<HDMI>Kramer DIP-31<CAT6A>Kramer TP-580R<HDMI>Kramer VM20-2Hxl 1:2 DA<HDMI 1>GS310<HDMI>Sony UHD also Kramer VM20-2Hxl 1:2 DA<HDMI 2>Sony UHD

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.