Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I got an interesting challenge with one of my clients. It was some issues with the codec so system was rest to factory default and now it got software level 1.0.2. Unit is entitled for version 3.0 upgrade (unfortunately not 3.1 🙂

So when I try to upgrade to version 3.0.x directly (I tried 3.0 and 3.0.6) unit will reboot shortly after uploading file. Looks like bug or something. I tried many times, same results. Ir reboots after I pickup file and before it asks me for unlock code.

Then I tried downloading and deploying version 2.0 and apparently it works better because it does not reboot but it is asking for unlock code that I don't have. But if I do it definitely looks like can be upgraded to version 2.0 and most likely can be upgraded to version 3.0.x after that but because this unit is not explicitly entitled for version 2.0 I cannot pass the screen where it is asking for unlock code.

Finally I tried upgrade to version 3.0 using USB stick but apparently this is only supported starting with version 2.0 which means I'm out of luck again (since the unit currently has version 1.0.2).

So my question is how unit can be upgraded from version 1.0.x to version 3.0.x that it entitled for if upgrade process does not work? Is there something I did wrong, or there is a special procedure available? Maybe I need temporary unlock code for version 2.0 - I have a feeling that upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 should work, and then again upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 may also work.

Please help if you can. Serial number of the unit is 82071307C629C9. Model is HDX 9002.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The upgrade key for 3.0 should also work for 2.0, can you try that?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The upgrade key for 3.0 should also work for 2.0, can you try that?

HP Recommended

Thanks. I tried that and it worked like a charm!

Thanks for your help!!!

HP Recommended

Just to add one more additional step. First I can only upgrade 1.0.2 to 2.0. Then I needed to upgrade to 2.6. Upgrade 2.0 to 3.0 did not work. Once system upgraded to 2.6 I was able to upgrade to 3.0.6 (instead of 3.0 that has security issue). So now I'm running version 3.0.6 and everything looks good. Thanks again for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.