Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear Support,

i was using Polycom HDX 8000 standlone system to make a call to our other branch office vua the public IP but recently we integrated HDX 8000 with our existing CUCM after that we can able to make calls to other cisco endpoints which is also registered with CUCM but unable to make calls to other branch office via the internet which is not registered with CUCM

my question is after integrating with CUCM i cant make calls via the internet to other standalone video endpoints uisng the public IP?

Regards

Awad

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would recommend working with your Cisco networking team to isolate and fix the problem.

HP Recommended

When your system is registered with the CUCM or Cisco VCS, the routing and behavior of calls is largely dependent on the configuration of the routes/zones/rules as defined in CUCM and/or VCS. Something may be defined in such a way that calls can not be routed outside defined zones.

If all else is equal (no NAT, etc.) you can temporarily unregister your HDX and then try making an H.323 call to the other standalone HDX to verify operation.

You should be able to make H.323 calls to public IP codecs if allowed and if CUCM/VCS is configured correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.