Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Change device mode X30 between Teams - Poly not in WebUI

Troels
Occasional Visitor

Change device mode X30 between Teams - Poly not in WebUI

Hi

We have bought an Poly X30 - so far so good.

But are there an way to change device mode between Poly and Teams without it is us in IT that have to do that in the WebUI.

I would like that the users in an meeing room can do this by themself.

This makes more senes in my world

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Change device mode X30 between Teams - Poly not in WebUI

Hello @Troels ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The Provider mode can only be changed as it is at present aka either via the Web Interface or some external provisioning or REST API.

You may want to look at device mode aka use a USB and/or HDMI cable and plug it into the PC/Mac being used with the desired application.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Troels
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen

Tx for the quick answer

Can you elaborate on external provisioning or REST API ? or point to documentation

I now the use of USB/HDMI - but the hole idea was not to use cables

Message 3 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Troels ,

From our Video FAQ:

May 19, 2020 Question: Does a Poly G7500 or Studio X50/X30 support REST API?
Resolution: Details on this can be found in the Poly VideoOS REST API Reference Guide >here< (or search the Support Page for the latest) or for instructions check >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
Troels
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen

once again tx. for your help.

but unfortunately that dosent help me

I have now been through the API rest documentation and there are no information on how to change the Provider from ie. Poly to Teams through the API

same with Command-Line API Reference Guide

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Troels ,

I would suggest you open an official support ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 6