Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I can't figure out under what circumstances this could occur.

User wants to change Room Password & uses Room password for Remote access & admin access.

So on the web I/F Admin>General>Security>Security Settings Use Room Password for Remote Access Tick.

Tick Room & see expnded new password boxes.  Simples. Except the Use Room Password for Remote Access & Room tick boxes are greyed out.

Security profile I hear you cry.  Nope OFF & Geyed out at Minimum.

S/W updated to V3.1.1.3.  Anything for it other than factory reset or ERFL?

Pete

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is the EP managed by CMA or XMA?  that would mean the password is controlled by that system and the user can not change it.  Also what level is the Security settings at? 

HP Recommended

I'll check on the CMA Provisioning, but Security isa minimum & Security Mode is unchecked.

HP Recommended

Pete,

It may happen if you have provision profiles for EPs in standard provisioning mode.

Check Admin  >  Provisioning Profiles  >  Scheduled Provisioning Profiles > {profile for HDX Series}  > General Settings > Security. If this page is provisioned then you can't change passwords.

WBR

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.