Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've read in the documentation that there's a client for m100. Where can I download it ?

Christian

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Christian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You can find the free trial => here <=.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

Does that mean that there's only one software ?

Best regards

Christian

HP Recommended

Hello Christian,

I am unsure if I understand your follow up question.

From above link:

The Polycom® Telepresence m100 business-class video conferencing software application delivers HD-quality audio, video, and content sharing to users of Microsoft® Windows® OS.

Does this not answer your question?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

No it doesn't :

In the sheet (pdf) I downloaded, I read this phrase :

The software also gives remote users the ability to simply download the software-based video client...

I have imagined that there was a "simple and light" software for the customer. Is that true ?

If not, does that mean that each user have to buy a license to be able to use m100 ?

Thanks for your time..

Christian

HP Recommended

Hello Christian,

it completely depends on your needs.

In order to use the m100 for more than 30 Days you need to purchase a license.

If an external user just wants to test the m100 or for example you interview a candidate for a Job remotely they can just download the 30 day trial.

If you want control of the the remote clients the CMA-D may be the better solution but I would advise to speak to your Polycom Reseller as this is a technical Community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

HP Recommended

I'm trying to download the free trial for Telepresence m100 but when I follow the prompts and clicked on the link on:

http://www.polycom.com/products/telepresence_video/telepresence_solutions/personal_telepresence/m100...

nothing happens.  Please help.

HP Recommended

Hello Isabella,

there is currently a issue on the Polycom Server preventing most downloads.

Please try again later.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Christian,

It's indeed possible to use an other client to connect to the polycom system.

But i dont think they will appreciate if i give you a name or something..

I'll give you an push in the right direction, google -> SIP Client..

try and you'll manage..

Friendly regards,

Martijn

HP Recommended

Tha,ks a lot.

Christian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.