Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I need configure my HDX system with 802.1x and I made the autentication with the ID and password but the HDX didn´t send back the response and fails the connection.

The HDX's firmware is 3.0.2 and the type of the encryption is EAP - TLS.

Somebody can tell me if exist another procedure to make this or if am I missing something?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Vero,

you had already replied => here <= before starting this new post.

Our current 802.1X implementation on HDX systems supports RFC 2716 only. Other protocols are not supported.

Can you provide some details if your system requires RFC 5216?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hellol,

In addition would you have the information what Version of EAP is being used?

If it is EAP Version 3 the HDX does not currently support this.

Please raise a ticket via Polycom support and quote VIDEO-107246.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

The authentication is through a digital certificate with the protocol EAP/TLS in all version of SSL. The problem is when I install the certificate in the HDX the authentication request doesn´t send it to ACS. The ACS is a Cisco ACS 5.3.

Can you tell me the procedure to make this authentication?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.