Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am writing this post to say that the way to enable multipoint option is very confusing.

I got the key code (ie, the character string) for multipoint.  I entered it in the option field on the screen.  Multipoint is not working.

If I check the "Enable Multipoint Trial" option, multipoint option is working, and not just for trial!

How can someone with a healthy mind understand this distorted logic?  So, is it trial or not trial?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Horus,

so I guess you have a Group or something (detailed info would be nice next time) and you got a license keycode for MP, right?!

First of all you´ll have to visit https://support.polycom.com and enter "licensing & production registration". Click "Activation/Upgrade" and "all other Polycom Products". Log in with your account and click "Site & Single  Activation/Upgrade", enter the serial number of your video system. On the next screen enter your license code under "Activation", hit activate and note the newly generated key. Enter this one on your system and you are done.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The thing described in your 2nd paragraph, I have already done and I already have the key code.

What I was talking about was in the HDX admin setting, as shown in the attached image.

And the ".... Trial" option is in red square.

HP Recommended

When you order the MP option you get a piece of paper which is a license.  You can use that license and the serial number of any supported system to get the 'key' that is then entered into the filed you show on the screen shot. 

If you do not have a 'key' but want to see if the MP would support your application you can enable the 'trial'.  Once the key is entered you do not need to have the 'trial' enabled.  

There is a section in the HDX Admin Guide, available at www.polycom.com/videodocumentation, that talks about this. Look for the section:   Entering a Multipoint Option Key

HP Recommended

@Polycom_Video_E wrote:

When you order the MP option you get a piece of paper which is a license.  You can use that license and the serial number of any supported system to get the 'key' that is then entered into the filed you show on the screen shot. 

If you do not have a 'key' but want to see if the MP would support your application you can enable the 'trial'.  Once the key is entered you do not need to have the 'trial' enabled. 

I said/wrote I have the KEY and already entered in the field.  I was saying that if the option "Multipoint trial" is not enabled, multipoint option is still not working.  And it's only when the "trail" option is enabled that MP started to working.  Is it so hard to understand?

I have two HDX showing this issue.  If you are sure that the "trial" option should NOT be enabled to make MP work, then there must be a bug in your firmware.

FYI, one of them is a HDX 7000 HD whose system software version is Release - 3.1.11-53024.

@Polycom_Video_E

There is a section in the HDX Admin Guide, available at www.polycom.com/videodocumentation, that talks about this. Look for the section:   Entering a Multipoint Option Key

I've been there and made a search, but your search engine returns a lot of irrelevant result.  Your search engine is not good.  In summary, I didn't find the indicated section.

HP Recommended

Hello @Horus,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Could I kindly ask you to keep discussions to a professional level ?

You are not using a currently supported software as this would be 3.1.2 at present of writing this reply.

In addition if you are believing this is a bug please escalate this via your Polycom reseller into Polycom support.

The HDX series was End of Sale back in 2016 and will be end of support later this year.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I agree with you, Horus.  It should work when you put in the license key.  You shouldn't have to check "Enable multipoint trial" after that to get it to start working.  That sounds like it's not enabling the license and makes it sound like you're just starting a trial version.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.