Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,  I recently purchased a number of HDX 8000's.

I have noticed the PSTN port and would like to use it to allow field staff to dial into VC calls.  After trying to set it up the analog line, it can be dialed but the HDX immediately hangs up (or perhaps the PBX does this) 

When trying to dial out from the main "place a call interface" it gives the error "destination unreachable" or when dialing a saved contact which has the type "mobile" set, the unit reports the error "network unavailable". 

Firstly can I use the analog port if I do not have the sound station HDX IP7000? I have roof microphones.

My settings are as follows:

Always dial area code: unchecked (checked has been tried with the same errors)

Country code: 61 

Area code: 02

System phone number: 6XXXXXXX

Number to dial out: 0

PBX: Alcatel Lucent omniPCX (it is a few years out of date)

The unit is connected to one of 30 PSTN lines supplied by the system.  All Australian phones seem to be plug and play with these ports and we currently use Polycom soundstation 2W's without problems.  

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Adam

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi!

Can you please provide the software version your HDX system currently has?

There is a PBX related correction done in version 3.0.3. For more information on this, please see page 32 (VIDEO-87941):

http://downloads.polycom.com/video/hdx/ReleaseNotes/polycom-hdx-release-notes_3_0_3_1.pdf

I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

You can certainly use the analogue phone port with the HDX without the SSIP7000.  I use it all the time at home on my HDX4000.

Do you have the Analogue Phone option ticked under Network > Call Preferences?  You will then get an option on the home screen as to what method to diial out on.  Phone should be listed now.

callpref.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.