Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to connect a Polycom Group 500 series to a Tandberg Edge 95.  On the Tandberg end, I can see the camera from the Polycom fine, but on the Polycom end, all I am getting is a black image.  The audio is passing properly on both ends.  I have also experienced this problem when trying to connect to two other Tandberg systems.  Any suggestions on what may be causing this?  Thanks for your input in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sounds like it is a firewall at the Group Series side blocking incoming video.  Look at the stats in the Web UI and see if it shows anything.

Try accessing the Polycom unit from outside your network using somethign like RealPresence Desktop or Mobile and see what the results are.

Try calling to test number from the Polycom unit to see what happens.  You can use the Polycom test numbers at here or these test numbers:

Test your video at: 71.14.2.158 or 71.14.2.157

Digital Video Loopback at: 71.14.2.154

HP Recommended

I am having no problems connecting to other Polycom test numbers.  I also connected to a Aethra system and it worked fine.  It really seems like it is only when I try connecting to Tandberg systems.  The Edge 95 I am having problems connecting to in within my building so it is on the same network, and we have never had any trouble connecting that system for other video conferences.   Is there anything in particular I should be looking for within the stats on the Web UI?  Thanks for your help. 

HP Recommended

In the release notes for each software version is a list of items we are compabable with including the software version of that equipment.  Please look at that and the list of interoperability bugs to see if the Edge 95 falls into one of them.

As far as the stats, look for the Video protocol.  If it is there then the equipment knows about each other, if not then the endpoints (EPs) have not successfully negotiated a video protocol.  If it is there and there are no packets, that generally points to a firewall issue, which you say you do not have.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.