Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a View Station FX and I am able to make a connection by connecting the unit with a wire directly to the router. However, when I use a laptop that is connected to web via WiFi or hot spot, I am not able to make the connection. I have setup the LAN port of the laptop to be able to share the signal with another device and I checked a second laptop that had WiFi turned off and it was able to go to web via sharing with the first laptop. But when I connect the wire from the laptop to Polycom, it rings several times but do not connect. In another work, Polycome recognizes that there is a signal but somehow it is not able to use it fully.

Can I use a laptop that is connected to web via WiFi or hot spot as a source of providing web access to a Polycom FX unit?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Areg,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if I completely understand what you are trying to archive but so far I assume you want to share a PC's internet connection.

This would in theory be possible but you would need to open up the relevant needed ports (usually documented in the admin guide) and also forward these from the router the PC is connected to.

As a realistic supportable setup I would suggest you connect the unit directly to a router.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have opened the port in my PC that is next to the router and when I connect FX unit to the router with a wire, it works fine. I am going to take the Polycom unit to different places so someone can make presentations remotely. I do not want to change settings of the computers and routers at these places by opening a port. Therefore, I want to be able to connect my laptop via a local hot spot using my iPhone to the internet and then connect the laptop with a wire to FX unit. I have already arranged the laptop to send single out through the LAN port and I checked another laptop which had WiFi turned off, and I was able to get the connection to internet in the second laptop. My problem is that the FX unit does not fully response to the connection provided via the laptop by sharing the connection. However, it seems FX units recognizes that there is a sort of connection because it starts ringing but after four or five rings it stops without making a connection. When there is no interment connection at all, the FX unit immediately comes up with a message if I try to make a call. What is the different between the signal from the router and one from the laptop? Do I need to configure the signal from the laptop in a certain way so the FX unit can use it?

HP Recommended

Any reply will ba appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.