Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am streaming a powerpoint presentation over the LAN to the HDX 7000 unit using content+IP.

There is a half a second delay between the laptop and screen which is not so bad, but if there is animation it seems to stagger\judder rather than be smooth.

My LAN is pretty fast so I don't have a bandwidth issue.

Anyone have any ideas on this ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear CadsUK,

People + Content IP capture screenshot and than transmit to the room system. so their is a minor delay in frames. If you are willing to share any animation or video, you'll have to connect your laptop directly to the room system with the help of cable.

Regards,

Faizan

HP Recommended

People + Content IP (PPCIP) is coded at the PC and sent to the endpoint as coded H.263/264 video.  The receiving ends sends it as content to the far end and decodes it at the system you are connected to in order to display it on the unit.

Things that can affect the quality includes the version of PPCIP you are using, the software of he system, the hardware version of the system the frame rate of the video as PPCIP is not a full frame rate and depending on the version 4-10 fps would be what you would expect on the HDX.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.