Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all

Wanting to share a full motion video (which is stored on my local hard drive) while in a video call into a VMR or PtoP (VMR preferred).

RPD is installed on a Dell laptop (I'll call it laptop A).  I am test-connecting thru a VMR and also thru Point to Point with a full blown Polycom system.

When I share  a video from laptop A, it plays fine on laptop A itself, but the full system sees the video as very stuttery like we are running at 10 fps or something like that. Audio is fine.

Playing the same video from an identical model laptop (laptop B) attached to the polycom full system via PtP, the video looks great when viewing it as received content on laptop A.  And when connected thru a VMR and sharing the video from laptop B/full system, video looks great but no audio.

My goal here is to be able to have users share their videos from their laptops when connected to their VMRs,  but so far, cant get past the stuttering.

Any ideas on where to start looking?  RP Desktop is version 3.3....full blown system is an HDX 7000HD

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

How is the audio connected from the laptop to the HDX 7000 and is the HDX 7000 configured to send that audio when it sends content, if that is what you are doing.  Is the input you are using on the HDX 7000 defined as content or people?

HP Recommended

Mini stereo from laptop b jack to mini stereo input above the content VGA input on the codec...... And the audio does work point to point.

The video stuttering when trying to share a video from laptop A is the bigger issue........I need to be able to share content smoothly from laptop A, which is the Real Presence Desktop system.

HP Recommended

Hi davez,

I´m afraid that you can´t use RPD to show dynamic content because of the supported rate. RPD supports encoding and decoding with 720p/5 fps, so you won´t have "fluent" videos (see datasheet). Sharing content with RPD is only for static content like PPT.

HP Recommended

......Thanks for the info.   That stinks.  LOL

I guess the only option would be to either shoot a screen with the webcam or find some other device that can play the video via the USB port........the webcam video is smooth so I assume that not being able to share dynamic content smoothly is a deliberate thing on Polycom's part?

HP Recommended

Well, you could buy a Polycom Group and enjoy content up to 1080p60! 🙂

HP Recommended

LOL....yeah I know. We have many systems but we are trying to find a fast solution to a situation where the full blown systems are not available.

HP Recommended

I had the same thought about a USB device feeding the RPD instead of a camera.  You need to send the video via people stream and not the content stream.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.