Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an XLR boundary mic (BeyerDyanmic MPC65) that requires phantom power. I can see that the codec has the option of connecting third party mics and supplying phantom power, I have also found some XLR to Phoenix adapters on eBay. It appears though that the Phoenix connectors that Polycom uses are different to the standard ones. So my questions are:

- Are the phoenix connectors on the Polycom universal (if so, what are they called) or are they proprietary?

- Is it possible to connect that type of microphone with an XLR to phoenix adaptor?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

"Is it possible to connect that type of microphone with an XLR to phoenix adaptor?"  -  Yes

"Are the phoenix connectors on the Polycom universal" - Yes,  this is standart 3.5 mm phoenix connectors

Connect pin 2 XLR to contact #1  of 3.5 мм phoenix connector

pin 3 XLR to contact #2  of 3.5 мм phoenix connector 

pin 1 XLR to contact #3  of 3.5 мм phoenix connector

see 3.5mm Screw Cage Connector at page 94 (113) of Integrator Reference >>> Here <<<

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

"Is it possible to connect that type of microphone with an XLR to phoenix adaptor?"  -  Yes

"Are the phoenix connectors on the Polycom universal" - Yes,  this is standart 3.5 mm phoenix connectors

Connect pin 2 XLR to contact #1  of 3.5 мм phoenix connector

pin 3 XLR to contact #2  of 3.5 мм phoenix connector 

pin 1 XLR to contact #3  of 3.5 мм phoenix connector

see 3.5mm Screw Cage Connector at page 94 (113) of Integrator Reference >>> Here <<<

HP Recommended

I've just noticed on the back of the device that all audio inputs seem to have 2x3 pin Phoenix inputs (stereo). The mic would just have 1 x 3 pin connector. Is that not a problem?

HP Recommended

No problem, this is stereo line input or ( i think ) two mic input. Try both white  or red

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.