Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Pete,

Not much of a co-incidence, we are one and the same!!!!

Will let you all know how I get on after this factory reset happens.

Mat

HP Recommended

Hello,

so I've tried a factory reset.

All looked good but then the unit got caught in an endless loop of on->polycom logo->reset->polycom logo->reset etc...

I shall be returning it.

Kind regards,

Mat

HP Recommended

One of my clients got the same issue on HDX 8000 system. Is there any fix for that? Please advise. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello AlexG,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I can only give you the same advise as I had already provided in my previous replies and displayed on the screen of the HDX, please contact Technical Support.

None of the original posters have come back to provide details of a case logged with Polycom support and I cannot find any relevant tickets in our system either.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is there any fix to this yet? I don't have any support as the warranty expired and they have not paid for continuing tech support. It is an HDX6000 but I have no idea what software version it is since I can no longer get into it to see what is what....

HP Recommended

Hello tputland,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Your Polycom reseller should be able to support you via Polycom using Pay Per Incident / PPI

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Was anyone ever able to resolve this issue?  I just had two codecs in the past week with this error.

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Exactely the same problem on two HDX8000.

I called Polycom Technical Support : "no solution, the units are not repairable: you must call your reseller to change them."

This is unacceptable .

I am so angry that I'll buy Tandberg .

HP Recommended

Hello Larry,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Without knowing the age or the history of these units it is hard to comment but I would assume the Polycom agent would have informed you of the RMA possibilities of our of warranty units.

Could you kindly post the serial numbers of the units so I can look into this ?

You can always create an account => here <= and check your RMA options.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The ticket number is 1-794572392 : RMA is not possible said the support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.