Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have two restaurants connected with HDX 7000s.  Each device ouputs the video to a HDTV and there is the request to record the video, maintaining the HD quality, and then playing back at a later time on the same TVs.

I've been reading there are ways to connect a DVR and record video, and I was looking for any recommendations on DVRs to use which do not require a subscription to function as we won't be recording live TV, simply the polycom video output.

Will any DVRs accept the output from the DVI ports in the back of hte HDX 7000 to record HD quality video?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have not used a DVR but I have used this device:

http://www.epiphan.com/products/recording/lecture-recorder-x2/?gclid=CIDuhvLT_r8CFQMMaQodpw0Akw

Works pretty good.  Nice thing is that it allows various settings for resoution and bitrate.  Can stream live and/or archive for later viewing. 

HP Recommended

jkamper1 - Thanks for the link.  However, that device would require me to have another device to play the video back to the TV.  That specific device will not play to another device like a TV, I'd need a computer or dvd player or set-top box of some kind which could then playback the video. 

HP Recommended

Sorry, yes you are correct.  You would need to play the recordings from a computer, device or DVD.

For our use we do not play the recording in the same room as was recorded.

HP Recommended

Have a look at HDX Admin's Guide for support information. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.