Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi again,

A few years ago we bought a bunch of Polycom EagleEye cameras, and one of them got messed up when one of our staff (wasn't me! I swear! :D) plugged the wrong type of charger (something to do with polarity). It messed up the board apparently and the camera is dead. We replaced it with a new one and so it's been lying in the drawer ever since. The guy who sold it said we should forget about it. 

Do you think it would be worth/possible to buy some parts for it to bring it to life or should I just throw it away? The lense and the body look so new and beautiful it would really break my heart! We are thinking of doing some streaming next year and we could use a camera.

Thanks,

BM3000VC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Remove Bottom cover and check One small  fuse resistance in the camera bottom PCB is there, replace.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If you are a Polycom reseller, submit an RMA Request here.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/rmacreate/myCompanyRmaindex.htm

The worst that cna happen is you find the out of warranty repair pricing unjustifyable

but it can be fixed.

Pete

HP Recommended

Remove Bottom cover and check One small  fuse resistance in the camera bottom PCB is there, replace.

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your replies.

I attach a picture of the bottom PCB of the camera. Could you be a little bit more specific as to what needs to be done? I will pass this job to someone who is better at this than myself, but it would be good to know a bit more details.

Many thanks,

BM3000

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I do not think we should encourage unqualified repair advise in this public Polycom community.

Please follow up the RMA suggestion posted above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Fair enough, will do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.