Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Dead Polycom EagleEye Camera: throw it away?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Advisor

Dead Polycom EagleEye Camera: throw it away?

Hi again,

A few years ago we bought a bunch of Polycom EagleEye cameras, and one of them got messed up when one of our staff (wasn't me! I swear! :D) plugged the wrong type of charger (something to do with polarity). It messed up the board apparently and the camera is dead. We replaced it with a new one and so it's been lying in the drawer ever since. The guy who sold it said we should forget about it. 

Do you think it would be worth/possible to buy some parts for it to bring it to life or should I just throw it away? The lense and the body look so new and beautiful it would really break my heart! We are thinking of doing some streaming next year and we could use a camera.

Thanks,

BM3000VC

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dead Polycom EagleEye Camera: throw it away?

Remove Bottom cover and check One small  fuse resistance in the camera bottom PCB is there, replace.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

If you are a Polycom reseller, submit an RMA Request here.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/rmacreate/myCompanyRmaindex.htm

The worst that cna happen is you find the out of warranty repair pricing unjustifyable

but it can be fixed.

Pete

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Remove Bottom cover and check One small  fuse resistance in the camera bottom PCB is there, replace.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Advisor

Hello, thanks for your replies.

I attach a picture of the bottom PCB of the camera. Could you be a little bit more specific as to what needs to be done? I will pass this job to someone who is better at this than myself, but it would be good to know a bit more details.

Many thanks,

BM3000

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

I do not think we should encourage unqualified repair advise in this public Polycom community.

Please follow up the RMA suggestion posted above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Advisor

Fair enough, will do.

Message 6 of 6