Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi! Sorry for my English, because I translate using Google translator, I don’t know English well.

We have the following problem. 

We have a remote office in another city. The remote office uses hdx. When we call them through rpd (dot to dot), or to other organizations, the video quality is good, it shows 720p 30fps. But as soon as we want to assemble a conference with the participation of 3-4 points, the video quality in rpd drops to 15 fps, the image is greatly degraded and pixelated.

The computer is used powerful: core i7. 8gb ram. ssd 256gb. 100mb/s 

RPD version: 3.10.3.72504

Do not tell me what this problem may be, a limitation of the program itself, or somehow you can improve the quality of the video in a multi-threaded conference.

All default program settings

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @ArthurBS 

is this a day one issue or did this only occur recently?

What system do you dial to have the conference? Maybe this is a simple restriction in the System?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is the problem of the first day. 

A multi-threaded conference is started in a remote office through a polycom hdx 8000 system for 4 connections, and we only receive a call from them to an RPD client. We have another conference room where the RPD client is used and there is exactly the same problem.

At the same time, I want to note that if you hold point-to-point conferences, the quality is good, the problem is only in multithreaded meetings.

Multithreaded meetings are collected only by the remote office, since they have a license for this, we ourselves do not collect because of the lack of licenses for multithreaded calls. 

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hello @ArthurBS 

as already stated this may be a limitation on the HDX as outlined >here<

Are you getting a good experience with just 2 calls from the HDX to RPD?

There are obviously hardware limitations so I suggest you work with a Poly reseller to see if your hardware can be utilized for example with the different services we offer.

The HDX is end of sale for a while now so maybe time for something new?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

- Are you getting a good experience with just 2 calls from the HDX to RPD?

- Yes. good quality

Thank you very much, we will work on this issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.