Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a HDX 7000 that is not displaying any video output via DVI-VGA adapter. I want to get into the web interface or telnet to the device to check settings. I reset the device to factory default settings. What is the default IP of the device? I am connecting via the PC port ->crossover cable-> PC. If I display all devices on my network via windows commands I only see the IP for the PC but nothing regarding the HDX 7000.

I'm fearing this unit has more issues than just the video not displaying, but thinking its possible I'm missing something. Any input would be appreciated since this device is well out of warranty and paying the cost of repairs is not going to be a likely choice for my company.

Thank you;.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello jcookhwr,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The HDX uses DHCP so you could just reserve an IP address for the HDX's MAC address and get into the HDX that way.

The other way is pressing the Display Button on the remote for more that 3 seconds and the Display on the Remote will show you the current output. You can then change this via the remote.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. I will test out the remote setting at some point today. Is the MAC address printed anywhere on the unit? I can't seem to locate it. I will let you know if changing the display on the remote works once I get a chance to test.

*edit* Ok I tested with the remote and set the display to DVI. Nothing is showing up on the monitor. This is a refurbished unit we recieved after already sending the original out for repairs in the past. It is starting to look like this one is dead as well. Kinda sad that a $7000 piece of hardware can't last just 4 years.

HP Recommended

I have gotten a small response out of the HDX. When I hook it up via VGA-DVI Adapter->a projector, the projector detects a signal but displays nothing. When I hook a VGA-DVI Adapter cable to the PC DVI port and the other end to a laptop, the laptop detects the second monitor as PLY0000. But I can not get any video to display.

HP Recommended

The MAC is burried in the serial number.  00:E0:DB is the Polycom portion and the individual unit would be the 7th thru the 12th places in the SN.  example 821142107E51CN   107E51 is the MAC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.