Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We use both Teams(with RealConnect) and Sfb in our enviornment. I read from http://blog.schertz.name/2019/10/poly-group-series-with-microsoft-teams/

that if running on mixed mode(Teams+Sfb), you need to set the dialing preference to IP H.323 as 1. When I do this and join a Sfb meeting, it just dials the conference ID of the Sfb invite then fails. Once I change it back to SIP->IP H.323, it dials the correct SIP address and joins the meeting successfully. What should be the correct setting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is exactly what RealConnect is. Interop with each client type landing on their native conference servers and then the conference servers talk to each other, not the endpoints.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

RealConnect from the Group Series point of view is always a H323 call. When you dial sip, are you actually landing on the RMX?

HP Recommended

Yes, it still lands in the RMX if SIP is preference 1.

HP Recommended

What are you using as your SIP registrar?

HP Recommended

sipdir.online.lync.com:443

HP Recommended

So you are running your group series as a native Skype client and not H.323? I may be mistaken but RealConnect from the Polycom GS's point of view is an H.323 call to the DMA/RMX.

HP Recommended

Ok I think I understand now. We are essentially configured for "Interop" mode. Teams calls utilize IP H.323 to connect with ReallConnect while Sfb calls still call to SIP natively. 

HP Recommended

That is exactly what RealConnect is. Interop with each client type landing on their native conference servers and then the conference servers talk to each other, not the endpoints.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.