Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I hope some-one can help.

Speaking to both Polycom and WebEx sales, I'm trying to find the differences between the two solutions - Local or Hosted.

For example Polycom's HDX7000 system (Local) and the WebEx Meeting Center (Hosted).

The situation is - I have a client who wants a Video Conferencing solution, firstly in one Meeting room in London, and if successful, installation at two other UK offices, with remote laptop users connecting. 

Whilst my Polycom agent has been excellent, and given me great information and various options, the WebEx is simply significantly cheaper to install.

The differences so far, are that the running costs of WebEx are 'higher' (but very cheap in reality) and will need a dedicated PC/Mac (so something extra for the client to support), while the Polycom system is stand alone.  Also, the Polycom systems are open standard H323, compared to WebEx proprietary service, but after that, I'm struggling to find advantages/disadvantages between the two.

To be frank, the cost difference is making it very difficult to recommend my preferred choice of the Polycom system over the WebEx Meeting Centre.

Can anyone suggest what advantages the Polycom system has over WebEx's hosted Meeting Center, there must be a difference in quality of service, but I'm struggling to find what these are.

Many thanks,

Chris.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.