Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I currently own an HDX7000 with eagle eye cameras. I wish to disable our camera and not send content or at least just send black. However, when the camera is disabled blue screen is sent instead of black.

Is there anyway of sending black instead of blue?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello 1saad1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is not a common use case and I assume has not been officially requested before.

Like explained already by my colleague the Infrared receiver for the Polycom remote is built into the camera and therefore the camera needs to be connected.

The HDX software has been designed to work as a two way video conferencing device.

If you require this to change as you did not want to use the privacy cap option you will need to work with your Polycom reseller to raise a feature request and provide a business case justifying the change.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Not 'electronically'.  But Polycom offers a lens cover that could be used and it would provide a 'video mute' that would be black.  Contact your Polycom reseller to order it (2215-28454-001).

HP Recommended

Interesting. Although what we have found is that when we put a lens cap on the camera, our view still appears on the video call but just as a block box. Is there anyway of disabling any kind of output entirely for the HDX7000. Making the unit a purely receiving and not sending?

HP Recommended

No there is not.  The camera is acting as the IR receiver on the HDX 6000/7000/8000 so removing the camera will also disable the use of the remote.  The only way to control it at that time would be via the API.

The RealPresence Group series have IR receivers in the codec so you can control them without a camera attached.

HP Recommended

Is there anyway of replacing the camera with another kind of signal. Is it possible to plug a playback device that plays a clip or outputs a still image and sends that through.

HP Recommended

Hello 1saad1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is not a common use case and I assume has not been officially requested before.

Like explained already by my colleague the Infrared receiver for the Polycom remote is built into the camera and therefore the camera needs to be connected.

The HDX software has been designed to work as a two way video conferencing device.

If you require this to change as you did not want to use the privacy cap option you will need to work with your Polycom reseller to raise a feature request and provide a business case justifying the change.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you both for the information, my question has been addressed.

HP Recommended

We own two HDX7000 units. What we have noticed is that when we disconnect the camera of one of the units (unit X), the video goes black. When we disconnect the camera of the second unit (Unit Y), the video goes blue.

Both units are running version 3.0.8 and I have gone through the camera settings and they are both the same. Except that unit Y has black level option in the 'Advanced' menu in Camera menu. Unit Y is hardware version A and Unit X is hardware version B.

Any explanation?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have an end user who is requesting an HDX9000 system to have the ability for independent audio and video mute during a call for sidebar discussions.  They want this feature so that HDX will operate equivalent to the CIsco/Tandberg systems they use in other locations.  A video mute function would be advantageous for some users.  Disabling a camera would not be recommended for the reasons listed in this thread but adding a video mute feature to the software is arguably justified.

HP Recommended

Hello Barry Sato,

Please raise this via your Polycom reseller as a feature request via a Polycom sales engineer and provide a business proposal why this would be required.

Above is necessary in order to track this internally within Polycom and evaluate the request and prioritize this based on the feasibility and the general impact on other features.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.