Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm setting up a new HDX 7000 system and Im trying to use the display content feature, but it keeps saying that it is not supported.  Help please.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

hi Jmaturell,

How are you displaying the content? are you connecting directly to HDX codec Using the DVI port? or Are you using the People+content IP?

Kindly consider the following:

- check if your laptop/desktop that your projecting has 1024X768 or lower resolution.

- if the resolution is already set , project your desktop by Pressing  FN+F5/ FN+F7 (or any shortcut to Display your desktop).

- If steps 1 and 2, still does'nt work, check settings on the HDX codec, on the Main Menu/Interface, select system> admin settings>Cameras> then move on Camera 3 Page, then select Source. check if it's source is "Content" if not select Content from the the drop-down menu.

Hope this helps,

cheers!

James

HP Recommended

Hi James,

thanks for your response, I'm not using people+content IP, I'm connecting the laptop directly to the DVI port (on input 3), I haven't, though, downgraded the resolution to 1024x768, I will try that. I believe the setting is set to display content on Monitor 3 - I might also be checking on the wrong setting.

I will try what you suggest and see if it works.

cheers,

Jose

HP Recommended

I saw this error briefly while displaying an IPAD through DVI on port 3 of our HDX.......I fiddled with the cables or unplugged the cable and it seemed to go away....

HP Recommended

From the web interface try selecting:

Admin Settings>Cameras

Verify that your Camera 2 input is set to Source: Content, not People.

HP Recommended

as above, suspect the camera setting (for content input) is set to people, and not content. Or you have hideously old software

HP Recommended

hi James,

You saved my day. Some Days back our Polycom VC system had been reset. Our Global Support team came to rescue and done all necessary changes and VC starts working. But we forgot to cross check the Content Sharing Functionality. Today it was Board meeting Day and while doing the testing (just 15 minute before the meeting), we realized that Conent Sharing is not working and giving error "This feature is not supported". Our local support team tried to figure out, but failed. our IT Head rushed in and tried to short out the issue, but again failed. we called Global support team. they also tried to troubleshoot and given some steps to test. also told us to check if VGA cable is proper and not faulty. we were pretty sure about setup as whole setup is new and VGA cable cannot be faulty so soon.

then, i tried to google this issue and i got your post. and guess what, i became hero. 

thanks a lot james. 

HP Recommended

The HDX 7000 at my company has been reset to factory defaults and we wasn't able to restore the content option.

When we configured the Camera 3 as content, it worked again.

This message was fully useful to me and I would like to thanks you.

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

Hi James,

You are hero. I was also facing this issue and this post helped me to resolve.

MJ

HP Recommended

The issue with my HDX is somewhat different. Content display had been working fine until one morning. I discovered that it just won't display. I might manage to do a local content display but it won't work whenever the HDX 9000 is in an active call. It appears as if it is sending content but does not display on the monitor. I opted for People Content+ip and the issue persists. So I know for certain that the fault is not with the DVI-VGA port. 

Your kind assistance will be most appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.