Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

My HDX 7000 system is upgraded to the latest software Version 3.1.2. I use both Lynch 2010 & 2013

1) Will I be able to make HDX to Lync point-to-point call with out any license?? (in Lync 2010 & lync 2013)

2) What about a lync bridge call??

Answers greatly appreciated

Regards

Anees

Version 3.1.2 o

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

To support Lync calls you will need to have the RTV key:

5150-63389-001:  RTV/CCCP license. Enables support for Microsoft RTV codec and direct calls to MS AV MCU. Available for HDX 9006, HDX 8000 rev B, HDX 7000 rev C or D, HDX 6000, HDX 4500, HDX 4000 rev C.

HP Recommended

The RTV key is optional for Lync 2010 interoperability.  Without it only peer to peer video calls are supported over H.263/CIF.  The RTV key provides for standard and high definition peer calls as well as the ability to join multiparty conference calls hosted on the Lync AVMCU.

For Lync 2013 interoperability the RTV license key is required (2013 contains no H.263 compatibility).

HP Recommended

Does the RTV license installation on an HDX running MPplus 4port still 'break' the MPplus 4port feature in 3.1.2 or are they allowed to co-exist on an HDX in newer firmware revisions?

Thanks-

HP Recommended

No, either of those features can be enabled on the same system interdependent of each other.  I have a number of systems which have both enabled and working.

The only caveat is that the HDX cannot utilize both features at the same time during an active call, due to resource limitations.  If the system is currently in an active call with a Lync client and RTV is being utilized then the internal 4-port MCU will be temporarily disabled for the duration of that call.  Conversely if the internal MCU is active and a Lync client calls into the system then RTV will not be available for that call and it will not be accepted.

You cannot mix Lync calls and the internal MCU.  All multiparty call scenarios with Lync and the HDX must take place on the Lync Server AVMCU, in which the HDX can join as a client.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.