Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

Our customer has a Kramer vp-424 Scaler that connect to the HDX 7000.

Polycom doesn't allow HD content sharing, so they have to down scale it to the lower resolution.

Currently they have got this content sharing working, however, it flicks every 2 seconds.

The technician from Kramer suggested it is an issue with HDCP not enabled on the HDX 7000.

IS There anyway that we can enable this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

HDX 7000 (softwere 3.0 and above) supports different video resolution on content input:
640 x 480/60, 800 x 600/60, 1024 x 768/60, 1280 x 720/60, 1280 x 960/60, 1280 x 1024/60, 1680 x 1050/60.

You don’t have to down scale HD resolution.

I guess the HDX doesn't support HDCP.

HP Recommended

HDCP is not approved by them for use with videoconferencing systems.  By their very nature, retransmission of video, videoconferencing systems is contrary to HDCP, which is stopping the replication of video streams.

HP Recommended

I've installed many Polycom HDX systems. I've Installed many Kramer switchers. Don't believe what Kramer tells you. They are dodging the fact that their switcher freaks out. We've had many problems with Kramer switchers. We've since made it a company wide mandate that we never specify or install kramer switchers anywhere for any reason. My prognosis is.....Its Kramers fault, Not the polycom.

HP Recommended

There is no videoconference system made today that supports HDCP (DRM or digital rights management).

If the content source doesn't specify DRM, then HDCP should not be enforced at all.

Some companies that transport digital video will overly "enforce" HDCP/DRM and make artificial restrictions for resolution that are not needed... thereby preventing video passage to otherwise appropriate destinations.

Polycom (by itself) supports full HD content at up to 1080p30 (depending on the options loaded into the system) and that is available via either digital (DVI-d) or analog (YPrPb or DVI-a) again depending on system configurations/options.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.