Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Downgrading the Poly Studio x30

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Downgrading the Poly Studio x30

Hello Poly Community

I need to downgrade my Poly Studio x30 due to the fact, that after the recent Firmware upgrade i can't access the Secondary Network settings (Wi-Fi).

Therefore, I prepared a USB-Stick with the last available Firmware (Poly Studio X Software 3.1.3-220008).

I tried it with the tar.gz, also unzipped.

With 2 USB-Sticks and different USB File systems (Fat32 and NTFS)

Also, I switched the provider to Poly & Zoom.

~~ I am running the Poly Studio x30 in Zoom Room mode

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Downgrading the Poly Studio x30

Hello @PeterSilie ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Using a Poly Studio X in a certain partner mode restricts the capabilities. I believe we discussed a similar issue >here<.

If the REST API does not work for you did you ensure you press the reset button after powering on the Studio X as described in the admin guide with a USB stick present?

If this fails simply open a support ticket with our team in your region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Downgrading the Poly Studio x30

Hello @PeterSilie ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Using a Poly Studio X in a certain partner mode restricts the capabilities. I believe we discussed a similar issue >here<.

If the REST API does not work for you did you ensure you press the reset button after powering on the Studio X as described in the admin guide with a USB stick present?

If this fails simply open a support ticket with our team in your region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2