Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have recently acquired 2 HDX 9004 and 2 HDX 9002 Polycom systems.  I have 4 eagle eye cameras but only 1 out of the 4 cameras is responsive when plugged into the HDX systems.  I have swapped out camera cables of various lengths and still no luck.  Also, when the 3 unresponsive cameras are plugged in I lose remote control functionality.  The IR signal doesn't seem to work anymore.  If I unplug the camera from the HDX I regain remote control functionality.  I am using the 1st camera connection on the HDX units.  I have reset all 4 HDX units to a full system restore and still have the same problem.  Only 1 camera is working out of 4.  It seems odd that I would have 3 dead cameras. 

Has anyone experienced this, have any insight or troubleshooting suggestions.  Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated. 

There is currently no active service plan on these units.

Thanks,

James

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Which Eagle Eye model cameras do you have?  Check the MPTZ number on the bottom of the camera.

What version of software is the HDX running?

The EEII (MPTZ-8) and EEIII (MPTZ-9) require software version 2.6.1 or later.

The EagleEye HD (MPTZ-6) is the original camera and will work on all software versions. 

HP Recommended

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.  All cameras are the Eagle Eye MPTZ-6 models. 

I performed a hard system reset and I am running system software release 2.5.0.5-3548

Thanks,

James 

HP Recommended

Hi janthony...

• Does the camera "turn" when you power up the hdx system (it should do that) ??
  • Check the pins on both cable ends.
  • Try to "detect" the camera via the webinterface of the hdx
  • Always use camera port 1, because port 2 isn´t powered (you would need a separate power supply)

HP Recommended

Uwe,

The camera doesn't "turn" or cycle when powered up.  The cable and pins are fine because it has been tested using a working camera.  As a last resort I will try to get the web interface to recognize the camera.  I am only using camera port 1 for the cameras that I'm testing.  Any other thoughts our suggestions?

HP Recommended

What is the history of those three cameras?  Were they used on another system and did they work?

Another thought,  It is fairly easy to plug the HDCI cable in upside down.  The pins are symmetrical and the shell is soft.  Be sure the Polycom logo on the cable it facing up on both the camera and the HDX end.

Were these cameras ever powered by a power supply?  If the incorrect supply was used the voltage may have been reversed and it will blow a protective diode in the camera. This is only factory repairable.

Below is repair pricing from Polycom for one camera

30 Day Repair:   $593 

10 day Repair:   $771 

overnight replacement:   $1705

HP Recommended

I have tested multiple MPTZ-8's on HDX 9002/4's running at least 3.0.1. None of them produce video. I know the camera's are good as they are new, and i have tested them on the 8000 series units. The cameras will pan/tilt but no video. I have contacted polycom on this issue and they assure me that they will work across the entire 9000 series platform. That is not the case. I also have customers and vendors experiencing this same problem. When i go to detect camera it shows as an eagle eye II but says that the detected camera does not support the format that i chose. I have tried everything and have been testing, installing and intergrating HDX units for a couple of years now. Please check into this issue. My email is bspurgeon@relogistechs.com

HP Recommended

Hi I am having connection issues with the Eagle Eye III - MPTZ-9 and our HDX 9002 Codecs.  As soon as you plug in the Eagle Eye 3 on any of our HDX 9002's (We have 3 and I have tried them all)  The system will "Lock Up" or it will Pause then Re-boot itself.  As soon as you Unplug the Eagle Eye 3 camera or plug in the Original Eagle Eye the system(s) works fine.

Are the Eagle Eye 3's compatible with the HDX 9002's ?  I am running Ver 3.0.3.1 on the Codecs.

We have a HDX 6000 and the Eagle Eye camera's work fine on that unit, I have now tried 2 Cameras and 3 HDX 9002's with the same results, I have tried using it as a Second Camera with the Power Supply with the same results.

HP Recommended

Did you find a fix to the problem, i have the same problem and would like to know how to fix it.

HP Recommended
Dear Ken, I have a QDX 6000 system but the eagle eye camera is not working properly, I need to send it back to the factory to be repair. Colud you please confirm the repair cost and provide an address for send the camera.
Thanking in advanced
Carlos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.