Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi folks,

I've got an Eagle Eye camera on a conference cart with a HDX 7000 HD Codec (software 3.1.11-53024) that will no longer pan left to right (it can still pan up and down). It is not limp - it will force itself to one side. It doesn't have anything blocking it and doesn't not make any noise when IR signal to move left/right is sent to it.

I have a working system that is identical, so I used it for troubleshooting. Here's a list of what I've done so far:

• Turned off cart and plugged everything out, waited for a minute and then plugged everything back in.
  • Attempted a known troubleshooting process twice.
  • Plugged the working system's camera into the non-working system's codec. It worked, indicating likely a camera or cable issue.
  • Put it back the way it was. Swapped the camera video cable from the working system with the non-working system. Did not help.
  • Cannot be controlled remotely through Zoom application either.

When I started up the system yesterday, left-right panning suddenly worked again - but the transitioning was quicker and more erratic than the working camera. I moved it from side to side with my hand to feel it - it felt slightly unsmooth/jagged, and then the left-right function stopped working again and it forced itself 180 degrees backwards.

Unfortunately seems like a hardware issue with the camera. But to cover the bases, the next thing I'm planning to try is a factory reset or perhaps a firmware update if available, when I get the chance. I also realized the one thing I didn't do was try to connect the camera from the non-working system into the working system's codec (only did the reverse). In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone has encountered this issue and if it ended up being a plain hardware issue with the Eagle Eye or something else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.