Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have an Eagle Eye Director running on an HDX8000HD. The HDX8000HD will not recognize the Director. All we get is a blue screen. I have updated the codec from 3.0.3 to 3.1.3 software and still have no luck. The cameras are seated properly and I have replaced the cables as well. When I go to the camera menu and try to detect the cameras it comes up as "Unknown". What other things can I try?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Are you using the power supply which came with EagleEye Director?  You have to use that one and not one that is used on the camera, they are different. 

Is the EE Director base powered up?  It should have lights on the base. 

Does the system recognize an EE camera connected to the system without the Director?

Are the cameras used on base the same, either EEII or EEIII, MPTZ-8 or MPTZ-9?  They are the ones supported on the base.

HP Recommended

Hi Tim B.  In addition to Stevens comments, when you say the cameras are seated properly, are the screw in logs secured to the Cameras as they trip microswitchjed in the "wells" in the base to indicate the cameras are present.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.