Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an Eagle Eye Director  V.1.0 connected to an HDX 9004  V. 3.1.0.1. The codec detects the Director and attains full control of the Eagle Eye MPTZ-8 cameras. The tracking toggles on/off and the tracking camera follows me around the room. The unit appears to be functioning perfectly, except for one thing, no video. Just the Blue Screen.

I have tried different lengths of HDCI cables, longest to shortest, the shortest being 3m. All cables were Polycom approved and produced video with just the Eagle Eye camera attached to them. I have had the Director give me a Blue Screen before, but the problem always solved by power cycling the Director.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Videoconferencing is less fun without the video. Thank you for your time and attention.    

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Brent,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Its usually a good idea to run the latest Software on a HDX in regards of the Heartbleed or other security issues.

In addition there is a 2.2 Software version for the EagleEye as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, 

Thank you for your reply. It appears the MPTZ-8 camera will not pass video to the HDX 9004 period. Just 

control. I was able to swap out the two MPTZ-8 cameras with two MPTZ-6 cameras, and now the Director 

is functioning normally.

Brent 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.