Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My workplace has decided to install an EagleEyeDirectorII (with the two cams), but decided to install it upside down for reasons (boardmembers' choice). Is there a way to flip the orientation of the video feed? I've read a thread or two on here of that orientation option shows up on one software but not others. Can someone help me figure this out or figure out which software is best to use in this situation? 

edit: currently only have EEDII app installed (which only gives device status), and also using the web interface through the IP address (which gives standard camera options but no orientation flip). 

We will mainly use the EEDII for Zoom and MS Teams conferencing. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Leo Barnes,

it is not possible to install EEDII upside down for at least two reason.

The EE IV cameras of the EEDII are not tightened to the base, they are only plugged in. So, if you turn over the EED, they will fall out. 

Second reason is, you have no option to configure the EEDII to invert/flip the picture.

HP Recommended

@mshu

Well, it currently is installed upside-down already. 😞 And those cameras are highly secured. We were very surprised by how tight fit they were and even the strength of each of the magnets. 

I read on another thread here that through the RealGroup Presence software you're able to flip the orientation? But i don't know anything about that software or how it can/ supposed to integrate with Teams/ Zoom

HP Recommended

I know at the end of the day I can probably just run it as NDI and manipulate the camera at will, but I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for other users in this conference room. 

HP Recommended

Well, as I said, it is not possible. Sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.