Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a situation where we had to extend the eagle eye director base to the opposite side of room from the codec.  Everything works well, except that when the codec goes to sleep, the camera base loses power and the cameras shut completely off.  This causes all the camera settings to reset, becoming a major annoyance.  Is there a reason this may happen?  We tested the power at the director at the provided 12 amps so it doesn't seem like a power issue.  We are extending the HDCI cable via a breakout. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,  So far we are only supporting the 3m and 10m HDCI cables.  The breakout cables do not have the required pins to carry the signals.

However there is a device you can use. There is a third party company called Sound Control Technologies.  They make a device that will extend the EagleEye camera 300 hundred feet over cat 5 cable.  They have recently developed a device just for the EE Director.  

http://www.soundcontrol.net/Pages/rc2D%20Main%20Page.htm

Please note!!!!

The RC2D is special for the EE-D as it includes all the extra needed signals to support the audio back-channels and extra power.

HP Recommended

Hi Kendo

i see that the EED is not supported with the breakout cables which would mean longer distances require moulded cable else the addtional part from soundcontrol

is this in the integrators guide for EED ?

Regards

Divi

HP Recommended

The breakout cable is not officially supported however it will work.  I have tested it on short BNC runs.  The problem comes with long distance runs.  The video amp in the director may not be able to 'push' long lengths.  Sorry but I have no specs on distance.  Consider that many EED installs are upgrades from a single camera install where the cables are already run.  In most cases it will work but we have seen some that just do not work.  This is when we recommend the SCT device.

HP Recommended

We are using one of the (I think) 15m extension cables for one of our EED units. After configuration and a couple weeks of use, the 'codec' unit was rebooted, at which time it failed to detect the camera system. After an eventual call to tech support, we were told to power off both units, disconnect the EED, power on the 'codec', reconnect the EED, and then power on the EED, resulting in some sort of reinitialization of the EED, finally fixing the problem. This seems an especially tortured procedure, and I am dumbfounded that a mechanical action should be necessary to restore proper functionality. It seems very clear that a software sequence called 'detect camera' should be able to do so.

The support person was unable to provide an explanation for the units failure, and I am attempting to determine root cause as we have just purchased four more hdx units with EED and my client is very alarmed as this system is intended to support executive staff at large corporation who cannot afford this sort of unreliability.

Is the extended cable a likely cause after a system reboot?

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.