Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are trying to use the EagleEye IV USB Camera with Skype for Business on Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, When we go to settings on the SfB client we can see the Video preview of the camera, however when the Skype call starts there is no video, we stop and start the camera but nothing. Is there any driver or specific software version needed to make this work? 

below are the details of the citrix enviroment we are running:

Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR CU2
Citrix Reciever for Linux 12.3
Citrix Connector 2.5
Citrix Realtime Media Engine 2.3
Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.12 LTSR

The Camera is a Polycom MPTZ-B Eagle Eye IV USB Camera 1.1.1-432. 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @VS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Data Sheet => here <= is usually a good source for the devices we tested.

At present we only support:

• USB 2.0 connection to the MSR Dock or other Skype Room System docks 

• USB connection to Polycom Trio™ Visual+ Accessory allows you to see all Polycom Trio
    video call participants up close with pan, tilt, and zoom

As you work for a Polycom partner I suggest you open a Feature Request.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan

The Camera is actually being detected and when we uninstall the Citrix Media Engine, the video work on a Skype for Business call however the quality is really bad.. My question was more replated to the Citrix enviroment compatibility

HP Recommended

Hello @VS,

As already outlined this is not an officially supported scenario as the camera only works with a MSR dock or a Trio.

Please work with your Polycom counterparts to get this raised as a feature request.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffan, do these cameras support / are they compatible with DirectShow?

HP Recommended
Hello

I already replied with, what to my knowledge, is a supported hardware aka a MSR Microsoft Surface Pro and the Trio line

No other hardware or OS is officially supported

Replied via a mobile device

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.