EagleEye IV USB Camera - SfB on Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop

VS
Occasional Contributor

EagleEye IV USB Camera - SfB on Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop

Hello,

We are trying to use the EagleEye IV USB Camera with Skype for Business on Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, When we go to settings on the SfB client we can see the Video preview of the camera, however when the Skype call starts there is no video, we stop and start the camera but nothing. Is there any driver or specific software version needed to make this work? 

below are the details of the citrix enviroment we are running:

Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR CU2
Citrix Reciever for Linux 12.3
Citrix Connector 2.5
Citrix Realtime Media Engine 2.3
Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.12 LTSR

The Camera is a Polycom MPTZ-B Eagle Eye IV USB Camera 1.1.1-432. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: EagleEye IV USB Camera - SfB on Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop

Hello @VS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Data Sheet => here <= is usually a good source for the devices we tested.

At present we only support:

• USB 2.0 connection to the MSR Dock or other Skype Room System docks 

• USB connection to Polycom Trio™ Visual+ Accessory allows you to see all Polycom Trio
    video call participants up close with pan, tilt, and zoom

As you work for a Polycom partner I suggest you open a Feature Request.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
VS
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffan

The Camera is actually being detected and when we uninstall the Citrix Media Engine, the video work on a Skype for Business call however the quality is really bad.. My question was more replated to the Citrix enviroment compatibility

Message 3 of 6

Hello @VS,

As already outlined this is not an officially supported scenario as the camera only works with a MSR dock or a Trio.

Please work with your Polycom counterparts to get this raised as a feature request.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
VS
Occasional Contributor

Steffan, do these cameras support / are they compatible with DirectShow?

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Hello

I already replied with, what to my knowledge, is a supported hardware aka a MSR Microsoft Surface Pro and the Trio line

No other hardware or OS is officially supported

Replied via a mobile device
Please be aware:

Message 6 of 6