Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good Day

Just bought the EagleEye Mini and installed the Companion

In all the literature there is a mention of 4 x zoom functionality yet there does not appear a simple way to activate or toggle this feature 

Where do I find it and how does it opperate?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Marek_Was ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I am sure I replied to a similar question >here

The camera supports the Windows UVC standard and if the application using the camera has the options the Zoom functionality will appear.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen 

The camera, as per your marketing documentation, is sold as a home video tool for Zoom and Skype 

I am not aware that either one of these provides specific zoom functionalities

What software are you referring to ?

Marek

HP Recommended

Hello @Marek_Was ,

Whichever provider/software wants to make use of the UVC standard and expose these settings in their UI

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen 

So any software except the defacto standard ones that most of the world is using like Zoom and Teams 🙂

Literature is incomplete and therefore misleading, eluding to the general population which is not technical but uses video that this is an inbuilt functionality that can be toggled and not reliant on other non tested or recommended software 

Marek 

HP Recommended

Hello @Marek_Was ,

as outlined, we as a manufacturer integrate certain standards into our products which our Partners can utilize with their software.

Using the EagleEye Mini USB with a Microsoft Skype for Business client shows the Zoom within the easily reachable Camera Settings > Camera Control:

But we can't force Zoom, MS Teams, etc. to put the controls in their app to allow a user to take advantage of that capability.

A way to have access to these (not official Poly advise within this community):

Download https://www.gyan.dev/ffmpeg/builds/packages/

Example and unzip ffmpeg-2021-05-30-git-51f1194eda-essentials_build.7z

• Copy ffmpeg.exe from /bin to a location
  • Open a MS Dos Box and Run
ffmpeg -list_devices true -f dshow -i dummy -hide_banner

Identify camera aka select the name of the camera. In my example, I used an EagleEye Mini USB

ffmpeg -f dshow -show_video_device_dialog true -i video="EagleEye Mini Camera"

You have now access to the camera settings

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @Marek_Was ,

testing this with a current version of Teams for Windows 1.4.00.19573 (64-bit) there is now also an Open Camera Settings section:

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.