Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Wonder if someone would be able to offer advice on a problem that one of our sites is having when they speak through their microphone they are reporting that they can hear themselves coming back through their speakers?

I am based in Manchester, England and this site is in Atlanta, USA.  They recently had a HDX 9004  OS become corrupt as failed to boot up, so we a spare 9004 that we had in England to them to swap over.  They report that they have swapped the cables over like for like, but keep on hearing an echo through their speakers.

There speakers are built into the ceiling and run to an amplifier.  I don't know where ports they have plugged the audio output cables into, despite asking for photos.  Just wondered if anyone could advise on what ports the speakers should be plugged into and what settings on the 9004 should be set as too p

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sounds like they connected their speakers to DVD/VCR output (#3), but the right connection is to output #1

See attached file. Wrong connection is marked red and the right one with green.

HP Recommended

If no delay between speaker says and hears himself - see my previos post, otherwise - there might be problem at REMOTE SITE:

check Echo Canceller is on (if non Polycom mics are used) or  check loudness level and input level at mic (if any). Are mics too close to speakers at remote site?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the replies. The remote site (Manchester) we orginally tested through is fine with other sites, so presume all ok with this site settings.

I'm arranging an AV engineer to visit the site and will pass on your information about the connections, very useful and this seems the most obvious problem,

Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.