Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Error: Only one screen display with G10-T

SOLVED
Long Hoang
Occasional Advisor

Error: Only one screen display with G10-T

Hi Everyone,

I've been using 2 monitors with the G10-t for weeks and working good. 

In the last few days, the device only shows up on a single screen (Secondary screen) and a notification appears: "The room display is unplugged. Plug it back in for the best experience". But, i still can control, make a Team call with GC8.

I tried to reset GC8 device, turn on "dual screen" in settings but still the same error.

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Error: Only one screen display with G10-T

Hello @Long Hoang ,

How can this system be already out of warranty? The only way is to try a rebuild and/or RMA. I believe we should also offer PPI aka Pay Per Incident.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Long Hoang ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Are you having two screens plugged into the MTR device? Did you check the wiring? Have you yet switched the two cables to see if the error moves?

The next step is to work with Poly Support and potentially get Lenovo involved.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Long Hoang
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steffen,

1. Are you having two screens plugged into the MTR device? - Yes, of course.

2. Did you check the wiring? - HDMI cables are still good.

3. Have you yet switched the two cables to see if the error moves? - Yes, Secondary Screen moves to the other Monitor

4. I contacted poly support but they can't support because of the device has no active contract.

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Long Hoang ,

How can this system be already out of warranty? The only way is to try a rebuild and/or RMA. I believe we should also offer PPI aka Pay Per Incident.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Long Hoang
Occasional Advisor

Hi  SteffenBaierUK,

The Warranty End Date of device : 2021-11-10. But Poly Support answered me "According to our records, your product is out of warranty and has no active support contract in place". 

I give you some information about my MTR system:

1. S/N of GC8: 8F20380009ECFF
2. App Version: 4.8.25.0
3. Windows version: 10.0.18363.1556
4. Poly Studio video Bar: 1.4.0

Thank you for the advice.

Message 5 of 5