Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello. I've been having some problems importing my directory. I exported it from an HDX 7000 HD. I was able to import to a new HDX 7000 HD unit we just installed. I tried on a unit we've had for a while and nothing would show up. I manually entered all entries again and exported so I now have 2 directories to import in case there's any problems. I haven't run into that issue and now on another HDX 7000 HD unit, when I press import it says "Export Failed"....even though I'm importing it. Has anyone ever encountered this before? I really don't want to manually enter all our entries a 3rd time.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

My first question would be about what version of software is on each system...  they "should" be the same before importing... 

They are in .xml format so you should be able to look at them and see if there is a difference/error in the files...

Gary M

HP Recommended

Thanks Gary. They are different versions. Do you think I'd be able to export from the oldest version to the newest version, or only same version to same version?

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what you are calling oldest/newest...   From HDX V1 to HDX 3.1 I'm pretty sure there have been some changes.... 

Again, LOOK at the .xml files and compare them...

Gary M

HP Recommended

Thanks Gary. The oldest version we're running is V2.5.0.5-3548 and the most recent is V3.1.1.2-34007. I was trying to go with a directroy from 3.1 to a 2.5 system. I'll try just going same version to same version. As for the xml doc's, what am I looking for exactly? They look the same to me, written/formatted the same way, nothing that says "error" or anything. Any help there is greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.