Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Export HDX7000 settings

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Export HDX7000 settings

Hi there.

I have a number of Polycom HDX7000's in the organisation that have all been configured up.

Is it possible to export the configuration settings from the units for quick recovery in a disaster?

Thanks.

Ross

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Export HDX7000 settings

Web -> Utilities -> Profile Center -> Save/Retrieve Settings.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 2 of 8
Valued Contributor

yes its possiblle,HDX is deliver with the opetion to save your exsisting seeting of your terminal from profille centre of HDX.

Regards

Yashpal

BR
Yash
Message 3 of 8
Polycom Employee & Moderator

The advice given here is correct, it is not recommended that you use this utility to move configurations between units but just as a backup as you asked about.

Message 4 of 8
Frequent Visitor

My system is HDX 7000 and run under ISDN.  Can I backup the configuration? or it has to run under IP?

Message 5 of 8
Honored Contributor

Though you use ISDN for conferencing you can reach web interface through IP network. Take a look at HDX Admin's Guide for detail information about network settings.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 6 of 8
Frequent Visitor

We are in the process to go to IP.  Just want to back up before we convert to IP.  Do we have any options to backup?

Message 7 of 8
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Thang,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Simply plug a working Network connection into the Unit and you can utilize this to back the unit up as described.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 8 of 8