Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] RealPresence Group Upgrade Server

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] RealPresence Group Upgrade Server

Hello all,

the below covers the installation of a RealPresence Group Upgrade Server.

Most of this is covered already => here <= for FTP or => here <= for HTTP but the following Items are important:

• GroupSeriesSofwtareUpdate_02.PNG Assign the Virtual Directory to a local Directory

• GroupSeriesSofwtareUpdate_03.PNG

Unzip the Group Series update but point the "root" Directory to the Directory containing the unzipped files.

Unix or Linux: /rseries/geninfo.sh
    Windows: \rseries\geninfo.bat

• Expand the default Web Site and select the Mime Types

IIS_Mime_Types.PNG

Ensure you have the .plcm , .txt and .sig allowed

• If you are updating to a major or minor release, obtain a software update key code (.txt) file from the Polycom website. Save the file as sw_keys.txt and place it in rseries/platform/ on your web server.

• Upgrade Server should include the Protocol

GroupSeriesSofwtareUpdate_01.PNG

• GroupSeriesSofwtareUpdate_04.PNG

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1