Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

• This is a quick overview of the most commonly asked questions.
  • This Section will be updated from time to time.
  • The Poly Community is not a replacement for Poly Global Services Support and you may be asked to contact your Reseller or if outside warranty to work with Poly Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident) or a maintenance contract

NOTE:

Please ensure before posting any new Questions in the Community that you:

• Use the Poly Knowledge Base Search Functionality => here <=
  • Use the Poly Community Search Functionality
  • Check the Admin Guide and or Release notes matching your current => Software <= Version

Once a new Post is started please provide the minimum Information:

• Provide the Software Version of your video conferencing endpoint including the provider mode partner application
  • Provide the exact Model of the Poly device
  • Provide information if this is a day-one issue or if this happened after a Software Upgrade or any other details that can help
  • Provide the Platform / Protocol that is being used for a call (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, H.323 or SIP, GoToRoom, Blue jeans Room, Ring Central Rooms, StarLeaf, Dialpad Conference Room, Web Launcher
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial Number of the device
  • If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the => Code Tag <=

• Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
    Clarification: Please check => here <=

• Jun 21,2014 Question: Is there a way I can make a test call to a Poly site?

Answer: Have a look at this post => here <=

• Jun 21,2014 Question: Are there specific Ports in my firewall that I need to open in order to utilize video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <=.

In addition check this FAQ post => here <= for more details and troubleshooting suggestions.

• Jun 21,2014 Question: What could be causing one-way video or one-way audio when utilizing video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <= in order to open the relevant firewall ports.

In addition, check this FAQ post => here <= for more details and troubleshooting suggestions.

• Jun 21,2014 Question: How can I factory restore a HDX system?

Answer: Please check the Administrator’s Guide for "Using the Restore Button on the Poly HDX System"  or a search engine results => here <=

• Jun 23,2014 Question: How can I factory restore a RealPresence Group Series system?

Answer: Please check the Administrator’s Guide for "Performing a Factory Restore on the Poly RealPresence Group Systemor a search engine results => here <=

• Jun 21,2014 Question: What is the factory default username and password of a HDX or Group Series system?

Answer: 
    Default Username: admin
    Default Password: 14 digit HDX / Group Series serial number printed on the back of the HDX / Group Series ending for example with the letters CN

• Jun 21,2014 Question: How can I factory restore a VSX system?

Answer: Please check the Administrator’s Guide troubleshooting section or the community's search results => here <=
  • Jun 21,2014 Question: What is the factory default username and password of a VSX system?

Answer: 
    Default Password: 14 digit VSX serial number printed on the back fo the VSX for example starting with 82

• Jun 22,2014 Question: How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?

Answer:
    Since the move from Polycom / Poly to HP Support the licensing portal is no longer accesible to end customers. Please open a Support Ticket https://www.hp.com/contacthp/ or contact us at:
    USA 800-985-9815
    other global locations https://www.poly.com/gb/en/company/contact/office-locations

Once you receive the Serial Number follow the below

A text file with the name sw_keys.txt should be created. The format should be:

U <Tabulator>Serial<Tabulator>Key

An example is attached to this FAQ >here<

• Jun 23,2014 Question: Am I entitled to a software upgrade?

Answer: A Software update to the same Version number but a higher revision is usually free. A upgrade to the next version number (example 2.x to 3.x) requires the codec to be in warranty or a valid service contract.

• Jun 23,2014 Question: What Poly cameras are supported by the HDX and RealPresence Group Series video systems?

Answer: Please check the Poly® EagleEye™ Series Cameras data sheet => here <= or the attached EagleEye sheet which list the support for analog (YPbPr) cameras.

• Jun 23,2014 Question: How can I change the video output signal on a HDX system?

Answer: Pressing the display button on the remote for more than 2 seconds will provide an option to toggle between the relevant signals (VGA, Component etc.)

• Jun 23,2014 Question: Can I use an API with an HDX or RealPresence Group Series video system?

Answer: Please check the relevant Integrator's Reference Manual => here <=. Please note that Telnet Port 24 is being used. Please check the Support Page in case the Link is outdated,

• Jul 03, 2014 Question: How can I use gather logs for Poly support for an HDX or RealPresence Group Series video system?

Answer: 

For a Group Series:
    Login to the Group Series => Diagnostic => Download Logs => click on Download system log

For an HDX:
    Login to the HDX => Diagnostics => System Log => Download Logs => click on Download support information package

• Jul 22, 2014 Question: Which Poly Video End Points are LYNC / Skype for Business compatible?

Answer: Only the HDX and the Group Series are Microsoft compatible (depending on Software Version and License if applicable).

For more details please check the Poly® Unified Communications Deployment Guide for Microsoft® Environments  => here <=

• Jul 22, 2014 Question: How can I enable the Allow Video Display on Web” option on a HDX?

Answer: This must be enabled via the HDX GUI first via the remote => System => Admin Settings => General Settings => Security>Security Settings page 3 (Depending on the Software Version,his setting is unavailable when the Security Profile is set to Maximum) also as shown => here <= in detail.

NOTE: You must use the system's remote control to do this!

• Aug 26, 2014 Question: How can I request a change to the current Software or request a new functionality?

Answer: Please check => here <=

• Feb 03, 2015 Question: How to capture a screenshot of the current menu screen on the HDX , QDX, or GroupSeries systems?

Answer:
    Open a web browser and navigate to http://systemIP/currentscreen.cgi 

Feb 10, 2015 Question: Can we use Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) MIB files for Poly Products?

Answer: For more details check => here <= 

• Apr 07, 2015 Question: How can I prevent Ghost / Phantom calls to my Video Solution?

Answer: A local Firewall or a Poly Firewall traversal solution can be utilized to stop this. In order to add this to a possible future Software version in the form of a whitelist please open a Feature Request or check the Security Center: Security Bulletin Relating to Worldwide Botnet Dialing H.323-Capable Systems

• May 26, 2015 Question: Where can I find details on Security Advisory relating to vulnerability on various Poly products?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

• Feb 06, 2016 Question: Can I extend a Poly Clink2 Microphone Array cable beyond its documented length limitation?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

• Mar 23, 2016 Question: Where can I find details about End of Life and/or End of Support?
    Resolution: Please check => here <=

• Mar 23, 2016 Question: Where can I change the view on the monitors provided on an HDX or GroupSeries?

Resolution: Please check the Configuring Monitor Settings or Monitor Profiles section within the Admin Guides

• Apr 22, 2016 Question: Why am I being asked to contact my Poly reseller for further support?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details.

• Apr 22, 2016 Question:Why am I being asked to provide my product's MAC address / Serial Number?

Resolution: Poly only sells to qualified resellers and these may sell via dealers who may not be trained on these products. In order to identify the reseller, the unit was sold via we need the MAC address / Serial Number to provide their details so they can open a support ticket as explained => here <= 

• Jul 12, 2016 Question: What is HDCP?

Resolution: HDCP stands for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection to prevent copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across connections as explained in detail => here <= 

• Oct 25, 2017 Question: How can I locate a reseller in my region or who do I contact for an RMA?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

• Dec 12, 2017 Question: What basic network data is sent and received by a RealPresence Group Series?

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
  • Aug 09, 2016 Question: Why can Poly not discuss future software Versions within the Community?

Explanation: Poly, as a US-based company, cannot share any future release dates or new features due to the requirement of a non-disclosure agreement / NDA prior to this. Via the medium of a community forum, we are unable to do this.

• Sep 05, 2016 Question: Where can I find Dimensional Drawings for Poly systems and accessories?
    Explanation: Please check => here <=
    NOTE: At present, this does not lead to anywhere. It will be updated once this is back

• Oct 06, 2016 Question: How can I host my own server for RealPresence Group updates?

Explanation: Please check => here <=

• Oct 10, 2016 Question: Can I share my Display from an Apple Computer?
    Explanation: Due to a policy established by Apple Computer, Inc., you cannot disable the HDCP encryption service on the DVI or HDMI outputs of a computer that is manufactured by Apple Computer, Inc.

• Feb 10,2017 Question: Can I remotely take a Wireshark capture from a RealPresence GroupSeries?
    Answer: Since Software Version 4.1.1 you can follow this tech tip => here <= via Telnet on Port 23

• Mar 06,2017 Question: How can I check if or when my Polycom product is end of life?
    Answer: Please check under Self Service > Product End of Life Search

• Mar 12,2017 Question: How can I backup my GroupSeries?
    Answer: Utilities => Services => Profile Center => Current Settings Profile => Download
    Passwords are not included when you store a profile

• Mar 29,2018 Question: How can I change the Remote ID for an HDX or Group Series?
    Answer: Please check => here <=

• Aug 29, 2018 Question: Can I connect/pair my Poly Trio to a Polycom RealPresence GroupSeries?

Resolution: UC Software 5.7.1 Rev AB or later for Poly Trio added support to connect to a GroupSeries running 6.1.8 or later. This also allows using of additional supported cameras via the GroupSeries. More details can be found => here <=

• Aug 29, 2018 Question: Are there any limitations when pairing a GroupSeries with a Poly Trio?

Resolution: The GroupSeries must be hardware 20 or older as shown => here <=

• Sep 13, 2018 Question: Does the Trio support H.323 calls when paired with a GroupSeries in VisualPro mode?
    Resolution: This is at present only supported as a Sandbox.

• Sep 13, 2018 Question: Does the Trio support Skype for Business and multiple additional registrations when paired with a GroupSeries?

• Mar 20, 2019 Question: Is there an overview of USB Vendor and Product ID's?

• Mar 20, 2019 Question: Can I protect the USB Port on a GroupSeries?

• Mar 16, 2016 Question: Can I receive automatic notifications for software updates for Poly Devices?

ResolutionEither sign up for Support Notifications =>here<= or Subscribe to the RSS feed =>here <=
    NOTE: At present, this does not lead to anywhere. It will be updated once this is back

• Jan 28, 2020 Question: Are there any restrictions on upgrading a Poly GroupSeries or VisualPro directly from 4.0.2 or later to 6.2.2.1?

Resolution: In order to Upgrade the device an interim step is required as you need to first upgrade to v6.2.0.2 and then upgrade to v6.2.2.1 or later. Please check >here< for additional details.

• Apr 16, 2020 Question: Are there any recommended USB cables for the Studio X or G7500 family?

Resolution: Please check >here< but understand that normal USB2.0 or USB3.0 cable length restrictions apply

• Apr 16, 2020 Question: Can I capture the Screen UI of a G7500, Studio X50/X30/X70, or TC device?
    Resolution: This functionality to capture the UI of a Studio X or G7500 is at present not available.
    The TC8 / TC10 UI can be captured using the Poly Control app as explained >here< in Poly Video provider Mode only.

• May 19, 2020 Question: Does a Poly G7500 or Studio X50/X30 support REST API?
    Resolution: Details on this can be found in the Poly VideoOS REST API Reference Guide >here< (or search the Support Page for the latest) or for instructions check >here<

• June 30, 2020 Question: Is there an overview of supported features running a Poly G7500 or Studio X50/X30 Poly Video OS Partner App mode?
    Resolution: Please check >here<

• July 21. 2020 Question: Can a Poly Trio C60 support Microsoft Teams or Zoom at the same time as Skype for Business or openSIP?

Resolution: Have a look at the Switching Call Applications on Trio C60 – Poly OpenSIP and Microsoft Teams >here<

• Jan 3, 2020 Question: Is there a way to modify Intunes Policy Exclusion for Teams Android Devices to cater to older Android versions?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

• Jun 03, 2021 Question: Can I provision a Poly G7500 or Studio X via USB or a local HTTP server, and what format do I need to use?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

• Sep 02, 2021 Question: Why does my Poly device display “Something went wrong. Let's try again” when trying to sign into Teams?

Resolution: Microsoft has a 50-device limit which will stop devices to sign back in. This may be caused by previous stale registrations, and these must be removed in the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center as explained >here< or in detail >here<

• Sep 14, 2021 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly device in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft.
    You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

• Oct 13, 2021 Question: What is the difference between Microsoft Teams Room on Android MTRoA to MTRoW?

Answer: Please check >here< for a feature Comparison. Some Features depend on our Partner Microsoft and others may depend on Poly availability within current software.

• Oct 13, 2021 Question: How can I use the Poly Control App on a Studio X or G7500?

Answer: This was added in 3.6.0 and please check >here<

• Jun, 2022 Question: Is there a way I can get the device MAC Address from the Device Serial?

• Aug 2022 Question: Can I use or test Digital Signage using a Poly Studio X or G7500?

• Aug 12, 2022 Question: Can I onboard/provision Poly Studio X or G7500 to Poly Lens automatically?

• Sep 05, 2022 Question: Is there a list of Software versions/overview of URLs for Studio X or G7500 to upgrade or downgrade using the Custom URL?

• Sep 09, 2022 Question: What basic network data is sent and received by a Poly Studio X or G7500, or TC device?

• Jun 03, 2023 Question: What are the factory default username and passwords of a Studio X or G7500 system?

Answer: 
    Default Password: Last 6 digits of the device serial all in Upper case capitals

• Aug 04, 2023 Question: Can I extend a Studio USB, Studio X50, and Studio X70 Expansion microphones (2200-69631-001)?

Resolution: Yes order

2215-88019-001 Poly External Mic Cable Extender Kit - A pair of dongles that allow extending the Poly Expansion Mic with standard Ethernet cables of up to 30m. For use with Poly PN 2200-69631-001
  • Aug 10, 2023 Question: Do Poly Studio X or G7500 support Google Meet?
    Resolution: Please see >here< what endpoints at present support Google Meet and what type of account is needed

• Dec 04, 2023 Question: How can I verify the resolution of my Poly USB camera or why does the application used not use 4K ?
    ResolutionPlease see >here

• Jan 06, 2024 Question: Since the move from Poly to HP where can I download Software?
    ResolutionPlease see >here< for an explanation and create an Account for Poly Lens in the cloud

A list of older Audio, Video and Voice archived software and Release Notes articles are published on Official HP® Support knowledgebase. These articles are snapshot of Poly support portal before its sunset in Dec 2023. Any new software release after, please follow the new software distribution path.

To search for archived software and Release Notes, please follow the instructions:
  1. Open the Official HP® Support site.

SteffenBaierUK_0-1709117747196.png

In the search bar, type in “Archived' after the name of the product you are looking for, in this example we searched for the RMX Software and Archived Release Notes

SteffenBaierUK_1-1709117801282.png

• Feb 23, 2024 Question: Can I remotely take a Wireshark capture from a Poly Studio X or G7500?
    Answer: Enable Telnet Access via the Web Interface or Poly Lens Security > Access > Enable Telnet Access and save the setting.

SteffenBaierUK_0-1708689829642.png

• Place a FAT 32 formatted max 32GB USB stick in the Studio X or G7500
  • Connect via Telnet on Port 24

SteffenBaierUK_1-1708689849396.png

To start the trace type packetcapture start
    To stop the trace type packetcapture stop
    Then remove the USB Stick

• Mar 06, 2024 Question: Is there a chance that a Poly TC8 becomes inoperable after Updating Firmware?
    Answer: Please ensure to check >here< prior to updating the firmware.
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.