Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] What basic network data is send and received by a RealPresence Group Series

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] What basic network data is send and received by a RealPresence Group Series

Booting or connecting a Polycom RealPresence Group Series to a network switch initiates certain network Protocol’s

NOTE: The below has been tested with a GroupSeries running Software 6.1.2 

INITIAL BOOT PROCESS

GroupSeriesBootDHCP_01.PNG

A Polycom Group Series as a factory default does not support LLDP and this needs to be enabeld via Admin Settings => Network => LAN Properties => Enable LLDP

Initially the GroupSeries sends a => DHCP Discover <=

GroupSeriesBootDHCP_02.PNG

Within this DHCP Discover message the GroupSeries uses various Sub-Options

• Option 12 Host Name
    GroupSeriesBootDHCP_03.PNG
    This can be changed via Admin Settings => Network => LAN Properties => Host Name

• Option 55 is actually a List of Sub Options
    GroupSeriesBootDHCP_04.PNG

• Option 60 Identifies the Vendor Class Identifier
    GroupSeriesBootDHCP_05.PNG

The GroupSeries can then receive one or multiple DHCP Offers:

NOTE: The Offer does not mandatorily need to contain all requested options!

GroupSeriesBootDHCP_06.PNG

The GroupSeries would then Request the IP Address and everything else:

GroupSeriesBootDHCP_07.PNG

And the Server would ACKNOWLEDGE this exchange

GroupSeriesBootDHCP_08.PNG

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 1