Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a VSX 8000 that I need to factory reset without the use of the password.  

I'm unable to find documentation of the procedure, does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks

TC 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please check the Search results => here <= when utilizing the keyword Factory and VSX as this has been discussed before.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I can't find anything related to factory resetting a vsx 8000 without the password, is there a guide anywhere?

HP Recommended

Hello tundercat,

the method of resetting a VSX8000 is the same as for example a VSX7000.

The 3rd or 4th post listed when searching for the keywords mentioned and presented via a Link explains this in detail for the the VSX8000 based on a VSX7000.

Please utilize this post => here <= as it is not very efficient to post the same reply again.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

In the post by Marcus for the VSX 7000 he is using the password, I don't have the password available, I know it's normally the serial number but that isn't working which is why I want to reset the unit so I can change the IP address.

HP Recommended

Hello tundercat,

if you followed the known instructions and used the units serial number and you are still unable to reset the unit you should contact your Polycom reseller for support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello I'm in the same boat.

I have a VSX 8000 that i need to reset. i don't know the passwords.

I have tried the SN: with no luck 

as this didn't work, what else can i do? or do i just class this a scrap?

seems a waste as it seems to work fine.

any idea?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.