Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I just got a Polycom RealPresence Group 500. I have a question related to network configuration. Since I have no need to receive any calls from anywhere.

Just have an internet connection for Polycom then it will be able to call out to other side, isn't it?

Is it need to has a NAT on firewall and has a public IP?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Jacky Ho,

although you don´t have the need to receive calls, you´ll have to do your Firewall work and NAT. 

Your call uses definied outgoing ports and the VTC of your remote "answers" on these ports. If you block them on your FW you won´t see and hear anything. And of course all these pakets on those ports should be forwarded to your GS500 (NAT). 

HP Recommended

Have you read the GS Admin guide? A lot of the network requirements can be found there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.