Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have an older VSX 7000a that is quite a few years out of date on it's firmware. I called tech support and received the key to do the firmware update but running into a problem. We do not have a support contract so looking for help on here. When I initiate the update, the system reboots on me for some odd reason. On the update screen, I see "Retaining Address Book...." but it never completes and then tells me it can no longer contact the unit.

I have a constant ping setup for the unit to see what is going on, and I lose connection to it a minute after I initiate this update. We are currently running 8.7 and support stated we could update to the latest 9 version. Has anyone else seen this happen or have suggestions? I have tried selecting the FTP Passive Mode during the update but the same problem happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.