Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

What file name should the text file have when putting it on a USB stick to upgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.1.3.2 or 4.1.5?  I have named the file upgrade.txt. 

What is the format of the text which should be in the file?  I tried to follow the instructions from a Polycom PDF "Installing Software and Options for the Polycom® RealPresence® Group Series and Accessories" on the subject but it has the formula of U1000-000-000-0000<TAB>82040903F01AB1.  I have tried this both ways which made sense: spelling it out litterally with<TAB> and by using the tab key on the keyboard between fields.  Neither worked.  According to the PDF no key code is necessary until the software load goes to 5.0 (major upgrade).

Obviously I am doing something wrong.  I have the key code for 4.1 and the system is on 4.1.1 but I can't get it to upgrade to 4.1.5. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try using "sw_keys.txt".   I've had good luck with that file name and the file format of...

"U<tab>Serial Number<tab>Upgrade key.

Give that a go...  If it doesn't work, drop me an email and I'll email you my sw_keys.txt file...

Cheers,

Gary M

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Try using "sw_keys.txt".   I've had good luck with that file name and the file format of...

"U<tab>Serial Number<tab>Upgrade key.

Give that a go...  If it doesn't work, drop me an email and I'll email you my sw_keys.txt file...

Cheers,

Gary M

HP Recommended

Thank you so-o-o-o very much Gary!  

Your file name and the format for the text file worked perfectly.  Upgrade successful.

Kind regards,

Bret 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you send me that txt file format aswell please?

Am Having the same issue here.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello all,

The fle structure is:

U	821234567890AB	UA22-11AB-4567-0000-1111

An example file is attached.Please unzip and simply store as sw_keys.txt

U-Tabulator-GroupSeriesSerial-Tabulator-Key

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.