Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are experiencing an issue with the G7500s where the content input is connected to an HDMI switch, in this case a Crestron DM32. The G7500 sees the sync on the HDMI and immediately goes into a presentation session. There used to be an option to disable auto presentation on previous hardware such as the group 500/700 series, the option appears to be missing in the G7500 and is causing the client some problems. The workaround currently is to send a source and then send a vcbutton stop command. Is the option to disable auto presentation permanently retired or can we expect to see the option restored? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @marjohn56 ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them >here< are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently.

Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback. 

For your new question, it is always useful to provide the currently used software version to a post. I would suggest you work with our support organization to get an official answer.

Other volunteers are welcome to comment.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @marjohn56 ,

I actually found an internal Feature Request.

Please work with a Poly reseller and/or Poly sales to add your account to SEFR-375

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am dealing with a similar problem at my project site; in our case, it's Crestron DM-NXV-350's connected to G7500's and HD-RX-201-C-E's connected to Studio X50's. 

Some of the codecs show and hide content sporadically and randomly even with no active video signal on the HDMI input. Other codecs are not doing this. We absolutely need to be able to control when content is shown and hidden with API commands. Currently, the system appears to be going haywire. I am going to go to site tomorrow to try and troubleshoot and have opened a tech support ticket. I'm having a hard time finding others with the same problem or possible solutions. 

HP Recommended

UPDATE: I went to site to troubleshoot my issue in two separate conference rooms that we're doing this rapid sporadic content showing/hiding. The first one was due to the Mac Mini and the Crestron NVX video switching/routing system. Once I figured out how to disable HDCP, it worked. The second conference room had issues with the Crestron Group series module and reporting reliable status feedback. I had to re-configure my SIMPL code to get it to work properly. Both of these were G7500's. I went through and checked the rest of the conference rooms, including the Studio X50's, and all were working fine. However, I am not convinced that I've seen the last of this issue. I suppose it doesn't have anything to do with the theoretical 'auto presentation' option because I don't believe this setting exists any more. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.