Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

X50: UC 3.5.0

G7500: 3.5.0

Trio C60: 7.1.1

Our standard config is an X50 w/a C60 controller and just recently I happened to notice that if I had device mode enabled and I connected an X50 to a PC via USB there would be a prompt on the C60 to enter BYOD mode (see attached photo), This was great because it gives us the flexibility to use other UC tools. The issue that I am having is that I do not get the same prompt when I use a G7500, in fact there is no prompt at all. If the system is connected to a touchscreen display then device mode can be initiated by swiping left. I performed a factory reset and started from scratch and there was no change. Is there something that I am missing or is this not an option on the G7500? I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work, it's essentially the same software.

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Seems to be performing better after reinstalling UC 3.5.0-344025.

#fingercrossed

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Is this in Zoom provider mode or Poly mode? In order to get an official answer please raise a ticket with our support organization.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Zoom provider, Works w/an X50 & C60 but not a G7500 & C60. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Service Request Number 1-23110610261

HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc ,

My colleagues most likely will contact you but is device mode enabled in the G7500?

• General Settings > System Settings > Collaboration Tools > Enable Device Mode
  • Is the USB cable being connected to the Trio C60 or the G7500? I assume it is connected to the G7500
  • Is the USB cable being connected to the G7500 USB-C port or a USB-A port? It must be the USB-C port.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is device mode enabled in the G7500? Yes

• General Settings > System Settings > Collaboration Tools > Enable Device Mode
  • Is the USB cable being connected to the Trio C60 or the G7500? I assume it is connected to the G7500 G7500, Yes
  • Is the USB cable being connected to the G7500 USB-C port or a USB-A port? It must be the USB-C port. Tried both, neither produced a prompt. Device mode can be initiated via a touchscreen display.

I did a factory reset on the G7500 and after reconfiguring for Zoom you would receive a prompt for device mode however there is no video (the privacy shutter is open). See attached screenshot. The PC is connected via USB-C and the EagleEye Cube is connected via USB-A. If disconnect the EagleEye camera and replace it w/a an Aver CAM520 Pro it works fine. The EagleEye camera is running version 1.3.1.001267 and it works fine when connected directly to a PC via USB-C.
HP Recommended

Seems to be performing better after reinstalling UC 3.5.0-344025.

#fingercrossed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.